Get Involved; The Mission is Ongoing
In order to ensure that this mission is successful, we need the support of local government, businesses, organizations, and citizens. While we are achieved Home Base Iowa status, we want to continue to improve the number and quality of opportunities being offered in Grimes. Whether you are a business or an individual...you can assist.
Becoming a Home Base Iowa Business
In order to become an officially recognized Home Base Iowa Business, companies are asked to:
- Pledge to hire a certain number of veterans by December 31st, 2018. You can sign up through the official Home Base Iowa website HERE.
- Commit to posting their available job openings on the Home Base Iowa website. A searchable list of currently pledged companies from around the state can be viewed HERE.
- Optional -Consider the option of becoming an official member of Skilled Iowa. The Skilled Iowa form can be found HERE. It is not a requirement of Home Base Iowa, but is something that may assist your company identify qualified potential employees.
- Optional - Provide a valuable Incentive to Veterans who chose to move to Grimes and/or to all veterans in general. To have your incentive added to the list of available incentives in Grimes please fill out the form found HERE.
- If you have forms to submit, simply email them to Grimes Chamber & Economic Development at email@example.com or deliver them to 404 SE 2nd Street, Suite 200, Grimes, IA 50111.
Becoming a Home Base Grimes Ambassador
Unique to Grimes, we are creating a group of Home Base Grimes Ambassadors. This group will work to ensure that those who come to Grimes through the Home Base Grimes initiative are made to feel welcome in the community. The Ambassadors will help veterans and their families become aware of local resources, contacts, etc. so that their transition is a easy as possible.
If you're interested in becoming a Home Base Grimes Ambassador, please contact Grimes Chamber & Economic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Government Involvement
The Grimes City Council unanimously approved the passage of a resolution in support of Home Base Iowa initiative in Grimes (Resolution NO. 03-0515) on March 24th, 2015.
A copy of the official Resolution Supporting the Home Base Iowa Initiative can be viewed HERE.
Community Incentive Packages
The community of Grimes has developed welcome/incentive packages for veterans who choose to move to Grimes as a result of this initiative. The Grimes Home Base Iowa Task Force is actively requesting benefits from local businesses and organizations that can be included in the package that would be offered to veterans. The goal is to continue to improve the benefits offered through this program, so please consider helping us improve the number and value of benefits offered in Grimes.
Examples that we have seen so far include reduced costs for veterans on goods and services, financing, relocation support, cash, health club memberships, etc.
If you have a business or organization that would like to offer an incentive to veterans who choose to move to Grimes and/or to all veterans in general please fill out and submit the form found HERE.
Home Base Grimes Task Force Members
The following individuals are currently serving as members of the Home Base Grimes Task Force:
- Tom Shatava, Committee Chairperson, COL (RET) IAARNG
- Mayor Tom Armstrong (City of Grimes)
- Brian Buethe (Grimes Chamber and Economic Development)
- Clint Dudley (Shade Tree Auto/Snowtel Motel)
- Dave Guthrie (Veteran & City of Grimes)